There are many measures in place to ensure a shopper’s direct selling experience is safe, with the consumer protection rights required by law and in some cases, even more.
Look for the DSA logo
Check if the order form shown to you by a salesperson, carries our logo. This will tell you if the organisation is a Member of our Association. The logo verifies that the company adheres to our Code of Practice and is committed to high professional and ethical standards.
As a shopper with DSA member companies you have the right to:
- Guaranteed purchases
- A full and clear explanation of the return policy
- Cancel the purchase within a specified period
- A receipt with full purchase details
- The salesperson’s complete contact information
- Direct personal contact with the seller, including after-sales service
As with any purchase, it is important that consumers should:
- Verify that the salesperson and the company they represent are legitimate
- Understand return policies and product guarantees
- Never make payment or sign anything that is not fully understood