STATISTICS & RESEARCH
In 2014, it was estimated that nearly 100 million people around the world were involved in direct selling, creating annual sales figures of over USD $182 billion. Sales have increased by almost 20% over the past 3 years. The Asia Pacific region represents 45% of all global sales.
Statistics compiled in Australia in 2015 suggest:
- DSA member companies achieved $1.48 billion (AUD) in annual sales
- Approximately 597,000 independent salespeople were engaged with members
- Women account for 75% of the direct selling salesforce
- Complementary healthcare products account for 33% of DSA members’ sales
- Cosmetics and personal care products account for 22% of DSA members’ sales
- Household goods account for 27% of DSA members’ sales
- DSA members’ sales account for approximately 20% of the Australian complementary healthcare market and 15% of its cosmetics market.