STATISTICS & RESEARCH
In 2017, it was estimated that 117 million people around the world were involved in direct selling, creating annual retail sales of USD $189 billion. The Asia Pacific region represents the largest market, accounting for 46% of all global sales.
Statistics compiled in Australia in 2017 suggest:
- DSA member companies achieved $1.38 billion (AUD) in annual sales
- Approximately 576,000 independent salespeople were engaged with members
- Women account for 74% of the direct selling salesforce
- Wellness products account for 24% of DSA members’ sales
- Cosmetics and personal care products account for 25% of DSA members’ sales
- Household goods account for 10% of DSA members’ sales
- Direct Selling in Australia has experienced steady growth in retail sales over the past 4 years.